Our industrial grade liner is tough, but mistakes happen. Sometimes chips, gouges, or rust can appear when moving the Modpool, or through usual wear and tear.
Repairing the liner yourself is often quickest and cheapest. The following steps will provide a water-proof seal with paint.
- 80 Grit Sandpaper
- Gravel Guard - black textured, from any reliable brand
If the exterior of your Modpool is not black, please request paint supplies of your colour from "firstname.lastname@example.org". Note that your finish will not be textured unless fine gravel is applied at the epoxy stage
- Marine Epoxy - from any reliable brand
- 4 Rags
- Paint mixing stick
Stage 1: Prepare the Area
- Use a wet rag to clean the spot that needs repair. Then dry it with another rag.
- Sand down any rust on the surrounding liner, as well as any exposed metal.
- Clean the area again with wet and dry rags.
Stage 2: Apply the Epoxy
- Epoxy can be a skin and eye irritant, so be sure to wear gloves and eye protection.
- On a piece of cardboard, pour and mix the marine epoxy with the mixing stick.
- Apply the marine epoxy to the liner with the mixing stick.
- Flatten the epoxy with your finger (glove on). Make sure the edges of the liner have been overlapped by the epoxy.
Don't worry about any white epoxy smudges. This can be painted over later.
OPTIONAL: If you are using a different colour paint (non-textured), you can add fine gravel into the surface of the epoxy. Whether you do this is purely up to you!
- Let this cure for 4 days. It can be exposed to the elements during this time.
Stage 3: Painting
- After the epoxy has cured for 4 days, smooth it out with the sandpaper.
- Use a wet rag to wipe away the sanding dust, then dry it with the other rag.
- Spray the black textured Gravel Guard over the epoxy (choose a dry day for this). Apply 3 coats, waiting 1 hour in between for each coat to dry.
If your exterior colour is different than black, you can use the same procedure for the paint we'll send.
- Let it dry for 2 days.
After this, you should have a fully sealed and painted repair patch!