When installing you Modpool in-ground or partially in-ground, we require big-o type drainage system.
Please always have your pool filled with water before back filling against your pool.
- 4” Diameter Big-O Piping or Perforated PVC
- Gravel Fill
- Building Wrap/Vapor Barrier
- Sump pump (if needed)
You will need the big-o or perforated PVC to run along the perimeter of your pool where you can have a drain pipe leading away to a storm drain or dry well.
Or you can install a sump pump.
If using a gravity lead drain system (the labelled drain pipe) please have a professional install.
- Use a vapor barrier (or building wrap) to wrap the outside of the pool that will be underground.
- Install the pipe drainage system.
- Backfill gravel in the space between the pool and the dirt so that water can travel to the draining pipe.
This system allows any rain water and splash from the pool to drain through the gravel, into the pipes
below, and out to a drainage system to avoid flooding the ground dirt.