City permits and regulations for swimming pools are different in every municipality. The best route is to contact your municipality directly to discuss how they differentiate between hot tubs/swim spas that DON'T require permitting and pools that do. This can help determine whether permitting will be necessary.
Here is the information they will likely need from you if permitting is required:
1. The dimensions of your Modpool (we provide drawings for you)
2. The water capacity (varies by Modpool design, but we can provide this number)
3. Whether or not you will have a safety-rated cover (we offer this)
4. Whether your installation will be in-ground or above-ground
5. Whether the pool is UL Listed (our Modpools are made UL compliant; if you require a report and inspection to be done on your Modpool, we can arrange that before your Modpool leaves our facility for added cost)
6. The engineering calculations (we have generic copies to offer. Stamped, personalized versions can be coordinated through our partner engineer for an added cost)
Once they have this information, they will let you know what is required of you. We are happy to work closely with you as well, to provide any additional documentation (provided that we have it) they may need!