City permits and regulations for swimming pools are different in each and every municipality. The best route to take is to contact your municipality directly to discuss permitting. Be sure to ask them how they differentiate between things like hot tubs/swim spas that DON'T require permitting, and pools that do. This can be helpful in determining whether permitting will be necessary.
Here is the information they will likely need from you if permitting is required:
1. The dimensions of your Modpool (we provide drawings for you)
2. The water capacity (varies by Modpool design, but we can provide this number)
3. Whether or not you will have a safety-rated cover (we offer this)
4. Whether your install will be in-ground or above-ground
5. Whether the pool is UL Listed (our Modpools are made UL compliant, though you will need to schedule a direct UL inspection upon delivery to get a UL Listing report)
6. The engineering calculations (we have generic copies to offer. Stamped, personalized versions can be coordinated through our partner engineer)
Once they have this information, they will let you know what is required of you. We are happy to work closely with you as well, to provide any additional documentation (provided that we have it) they may need!